Terms and Conditions of Sale
The following are terms and conditions for the sale of goods that will govern any contract for sale that we enter into with you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Stowfords' Terms and Conditions These Terms and Conditions tell you the rights and obligations you have. Please read these carefully. You may have other rights granted by law and these Terms and Conditions do not affect these. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Stowfords' contact details The business address and the address for all correspondence is 18-19 Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0SZ.
You can telephone us on 01752 893414 and fax us on 01752 698339 (both are at National Rate).
The company’s registered number is 3395458. The directors are J Mulligan and F Mulligan.
Purchasing from our showroom
To purchase from us you must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom. Currently, we can only deliver within the United Kingdom. By placing an order with us, you are offering to buy the goods and allowing us to use your personal details for the purposes of supplying the goods (including passing your details onto couriers and other subcontractors). By signing this agreement you are also giving us your consent for us to keep you informed about issues related to the company and services/products it offers. Should you wish to have your details removed from our system please contact us using the details above.
We are not obliged to supply the goods to you until we have confirmed acceptance of your order and this is when the contract is made. You do not own the goods until we receive payment in full. If you discover you have made a mistake with your order please contact us immediately.
All prices and offers are subject to change and availability and VAT will be charged on all prices at the current rate. All prices displayed in the shop will include VAT but on some products the ex VAT price may also be displayed. All prices on the web site are shown both including and excluding VAT. Errors and omissions excepted. For stock items we require payment in full at the time of purchase. For items which need to be ordered for you, we require a 20% deposit with the balance payable on collection or before delivery but for certain items such as non-standard sizes of bed, or more unusual colour and size combinations, we will require a 50% deposit. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Solo and we will only accept personal cheques for deposits. If you wish to make a balance payment by cheque, we will require payment at least 10 working days before delivery to allow for cheque clearance. For out of stock items, the delivery dates given are the best estimate based on current information from the manufacturer.
For non-stock items which are ordered for you, such as sofas, recliners, beds or office chairs, please consider carefully before you order. If you do decide to cancel an order which you have placed, a charge will be made as we may well be unable to cancel its production and delivery to us. So if you do wish to cancel, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can contact the manufacturer. If we cannot cancel the order with the manufacturer, we will charge you a minimum of 25% of the value of your order, to cover handling and disposal of the unplanned stock. For certain items such as non-standard sizes of bed, or more unusual colour and size combinations, we will require a 50% deposit with the order and will charge you a minimum of 30% of the value of the order if cancelled because of the difficulty of disposal.
If, after delivery, you change your mind, there is no obligation for us to take the goods back for a refund. Items such as sofas, recliners, beds or office chairs that have been ordered for you in in your choice of finish will not be taken back by our suppliers and can be very difficult for us to re-sell. Under some circumstances we may offer to take the goods back, but we will charge a restocking fee of 50% to allow us to discount the goods to clear. Delivery We aim to deliver goods to you within the time indicated by us but we cannot give an exact delivery date. We also may deliver the goods in several consignments but will not charge any extra delivery for this. If we have not delivered the goods within 60 days of expected delivery, then you may cancel the contract. We will refund any money paid by you.
Damaged or defective goods
We will supply goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months (or longer if required by law) from the date of delivery. You should inspect the goods when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find a defect or damage you must tell us as soon as possible and we will arrange for their return to us or the manufacturer at no cost to you. Complaints Procedure Should you have a complaint regarding any product or service that we have provided, please in the first instance contact us directly by telephone on 01752 893414 or alternatively if you would prefer to put your complaint in writing please email us at email@example.com or by post to : Stowfords, 17-19 Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, PL21 0SZ.
Commercial/Public Sector Customers
If you are a business or if the goods are used wholly or in part for business purposes we shall not be liable to you for any business loss including loss of profits (whether direct or indirect) business data, revenue, goodwill, or incidental, or consequential loss that you may suffer as a result of the purchase of goods from us. Any other liability shall be limited to the price paid for the goods.
We do not exclude our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury. Returns are subject to a 15% handling fee.
If you have a credit account with us, payment is due 30 days after the date of our invoice and we may charge interest for late payment calculated daily at 4% above Bank of England base rate both before and after judgment.
For Internet and Telephone Sales
If you are a consumer you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the contract and receive a refund, if the goods are complete with all relevant packaging in an unused and re-saleable condition.
You must inform us in writing of your desire to cancel within seven working days starting on the day after the day the goods are delivered to you. You must return the goods to us at your cost and we advise you to ensure the goods are adequately insured during any return journey. If you have not returned the goods within 14 days of cancellation or if requested we can collect the goods from you at your cost. This is important. Please read carefully. You have the right to cancel this contract for no reason at all and without penalty. However, we will only accept unwanted products for refund within 7 days of delivery, provided that the goods are complete with all relevant packaging in an unused and re-saleable condition. If you wish to cancel this contract, please write to Stowfords, 18-19 Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0SZ. To cancel this contract you must give us notice within 7 working days starting on the day after the day you receive the goods from us. Alternatively fax us on 01752 698339 (National Rate) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall refund the total amount of money paid by you for the goods, less any costs to collect the goods if required, within 30 days starting with the day on which we receive a notice of cancellation in writing from you. We would remind you that once you have notified us of your desire to cancel the contract there is a legal requirement for you to take good care of the goods. You must return the goods to us at your cost to the relevant address below and we advise you to ensure the goods are adequately insured during any return journey. If you have not returned the goods within 14 days of cancellation or if requested we can collect the goods from you at your cost. Returns should be sent to: Stowfords, Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0SZ PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept the return of mattresses, pillows, mattress toppers (mattress overlays), bed linen, any products which are used next to the naked skin. This is for reasons of hygiene as outlined in The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. If you are in any doubt, please call us.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensure we meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) 2018 and the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Who are we?
The following policy is issued by Stowfords (Big Pine Ltd.) Big Pine Ltd is a private limited company, registered in England (company no. 3395458) with its registered office at 47-49 Exeter Street, Plymouth,Decvon PL4 0AH
For the purpose of the GDPR 2018, the data controller is Classic and our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Store Manager, Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, PL21 0SZ
What personal data do we collect?
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further. We may also analyse which marketing activity led you to our website and resulting actions.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Where do we collect your data?
We may collect and process personal data from you as follows:
- Directly from yourself when you complete a form, use our website, or send us correspondence by email, letter or telephone. This includes data when you:
- Purchase products
- Subscribe to our marketing
- Participate in a survey
- Provide feedback on a service or experience
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To meet our contractual obligations to you when you purchase products. This includes communicating with you about your purchase both before and after delivery.
- To update you on any products or events linked to (or similar to) your past purchases, as well as products or events you have expressed an interest in.
- To send, with your consent, marketing communications regarding Big Pine Ltd products and services.
- To notify you of the results of any competitions you have entered with us.
- To carry out market research after your purchase.
- To respond to any correspondence, you send to us.
- To communicate with media in relation to our PR processes.
We will only send you marketing communications with your consent. You may update your preferences or unsubscribe by following the links on any marketing message sent to you or unsubscribing to marketing on the home page of our website at any time.
Who do we share your data with and why?
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third party organisations. The nature of our business means that we work with carefully selected suppliers for services required to facilitate online purchases and staging of events. We may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. They are obliged to keep your details securely and to only use them in relation to the service they provide to us. When they no longer need the data for the service, they will dispose of the details.
Third party service provider Purpose Magento Website support provider
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to : Stowfords, Erme Court, Leonards Road, Ivybridge, PL21 0SZ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- COOKIE name
- COOKIE Description
- CART The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
- CURRENCY Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS Stores the Customer Segment
- ID EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND You sesssion ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- POLLN Information on what polls you have voted on.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED The items that you have recently compared.
- STF Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products that you have recently viewed.
- WISHLIST An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT The number of items in your Wishlist.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We understand the concerns you may have about giving your personal details over the internet so we are rigorous about our security procedures. We use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information including the encryption of payment details using SSL technology. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our websites.
Please be aware however that the internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication. We cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information you input on the website or send to us on the internet.
Links to other websites
How long do we hold your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under the data protection laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of them in relation to the personal data we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Store Manager, Stowfords, Erme Court, Leonards Road, PL21 0SZ
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – where relevant you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Concerns and Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing approach in relation to your own personal data, please contact email@example.com in the first instance. Your communication will be acknowledged and then responded to within 1 month. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on how to contact them, visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our data protection notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2021. We may revise this policy at any time.